Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last Ditch


I have been taking lots of pictures, but that's kind of the least I could do as a Photo teacher
.

Well, the entire month of October has passed, and I've posted nary a word. I wish I could say that I've spent my favorite month undertaking exciting projects and spending lots of time outdoors before we all move inside for the winter and put on baggy sweaters to hide our baggy stomachs. Alas, it isn't so. For one thing, I am in the midst of teaching a new course in a new department, so most of my time outside of class is spent preparing a lecture, worrying about the lecture I just gave, or drinking in order to put off preparing a lecture or thinking about the lecture I just gave.

I am also pretty sad that my new 'gig' as an art critic is not only psychically (that's not a typo) exhausting, but it makes sitting at a computer to write "for myself" even less appealing. Furthermore, it has made my schedule such that, were I to write, I would likely have to write about what I'm already writing about. See the problem? I guess I could use this blog as a snarky repository for the clunkers that don't get mentioned in my paid writings, but that just isn't very nice. Although...

Last, I just wanted to write down this true story so that I won't forget it:

This morning, as I was purchasing a small, black coffee from the café in the student union, the cashier next to my cashier was counting out her money.

"I can't believe how many tens I've seen today," she said.

"Thanks," I said.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home